- another term for muon.More example sentences
- It is a mistake to think that what is really, non-inferentially, observed is only the vapour trail and that the presence of mu-mesons is only inferred.
- Discovered in 1935 by CarlAnderson, the mu-meson is now known to be a type of lepton, a particle similar to the ordinary electron, but more than two hundred times as heavy.
- The mu-meson is a heavy version of an electron and I had come to look at an even heavier version which played an essential role in determining G, the constant of gravitation.
More definitions of mu-mesonDefinition of mu-meson in:
- The US English dictionary