Definition of mucosa in English:
noun (plural mucosae /-siː/)
A mucous membrane: the intestinal mucosa
More example sentences
- This leads to a more prolonged exposure of the esophageal mucosa to gastric fluid than normal.
- Celiac disease is a T-cell-mediated disorder triggered by gluten in susceptible subjects, affecting not only the small bowel but also the gastric and colonic mucosae.
- Target organs in this respect include nasal or oral cavity, lung, oesophagus, stomach mucosa, duodenum or skin.
- Example sentences
- The large mucosal surface of the bronchial tree is exposed constantly to inhaled antigens.
- In circumcised males only the distal penile urethra is lined with a mucosal epithelium.
- The surgical specimen consisted of the nasal septum and irregular, mucosal, polypoid tissues.