- A tropical climbing bean plant.
More example sentences
- Genus Mucuna, family Leguminosae: many species, especially the velvet bean, M. deeringiana, and M. pruriens, grown as a fodder plant and green manure
- A more sedate game is maknim, in which the large seeds of the mucuna vine are set up in rows.
- Here the whole community now grows mucuna in its fields and has begun a journey across a new frontier of thought - towards settled and sustainable agriculture.
- In the 1930's two million acres of mucuna were planted in the United States to feed cattle.
mid 19th century: via Portuguese from Tupi mucunán.