A solitary wasp which builds a mud nest that typically consists of a series of tube-like cells on an exposed surface.
- Several genera in the family Sphecidae
More example sentences
- Her fly patterns are intricate, exacting, and hold the subtle variances of nature usually reserved for spider webs, mud dauber nests, and snowflakes.
- Note: this is not mud dauber nesting material, but hornet nest.
- The inorganic material can consist of clay nests of mud from insects (mud daubers) or birds (swallows).
Definition of mud dauber in:
- The US English dictionary