- A fluid or hardened stream or avalanche of mud.More example sentences
- On June 15, Mount Pinatubo spewed ash 40 km into the air and produced huge ash flows (also called pyroclastic flows) and mudflows that devastated a large area around the volcano.
- Thirty-six million years ago, volcanic mudflows blocked a stream flowing through this valley, producing a lake about twelve miles long.
- ‘Even on Earth it can be hard to distinguish a lava flow from a mudflow,’ she said.
More definitions of mudflowDefinition of mudflow in:
- The US English dictionary