Definition of muffin in English:
1A small domed spongy cake made with eggs and baking powder: blueberry muffins
More example sentences
- For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.
- Today he's been in her favorite coffee shop and learned what she got everyday; a large black coffee and a blueberry muffin.
- And they are invariably foods high in calories, like muffins and cookies and cakes.
2 (North American English muffin) A flat circular spongy bread roll made from yeast dough and eaten split, toasted, and buttered.
- Split the muffins or ciabatta and lightly toast or grill the insides only.
- For serving, muffins are toasted back and front and then split with the fingers by easing them apart at the joint all the way round.
- She makes some bread, or muffins, or flat cakes, and we eat them with juice or with water.
early 18th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with muffinpuffin
Definition of muffin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India