- 1A small domed spongy cake made with eggs and baking powder: blueberry muffinsMore example sentences
- For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.
- Today he's been in her favorite coffee shop and learned what she got everyday; a large black coffee and a blueberry muffin.
- And they are invariably foods high in calories, like muffins and cookies and cakes.
- 2 (North American English muffin) A flat circular spongy bread roll made from yeast dough and eaten split, toasted, and buttered.More example sentences
- Split the muffins or ciabatta and lightly toast or grill the insides only.
- For serving, muffins are toasted back and front and then split with the fingers by easing them apart at the joint all the way round.
- She makes some bread, or muffins, or flat cakes, and we eat them with juice or with water.
early 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of muffinDefinition of muffin in:
- The US English dictionary