A person who attacks and robs another in a public place: a woman was punched in the face by muggers who snatched a gold chain and pendant
More example sentences
- They are burglars, dealers, vandals, thugs, muggers, arsonists, a menace to society.
- A gang of muggers attacked a man 6ft 8in tall and stole his mobile phone as he walked home after a night out in Trowbridge.
- A passing couple saw the attack and chased the mugger, but he managed to get away.
Words that rhyme with muggerhugger, lugger, plugger, rugger, slugger, Srinagar, tugger
A large Indian crocodile with a short snout.
- Crocodylus palustris, family Crocodylidae
- While in India the number of muggers and gharials are growing in large numbers, salt-water crocodiles are rare as they generally grow in estuarine areas.
- Visitors watched them in broad daylight lunging at sambar in lakes, relaxing on roadsides, teaching cubs to stalk and even stealing deer carcasses from the mouths of mugger crocodiles in the lakes.
- As per the Central Zoo Authority instructions, the mugger crocodiles were shifted to the Tirupati zoo, which is crippled by poor turnout of visitors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.