noun (plural same or mugginses)British • informal
- A foolish and gullible person (often used humorously to refer to oneself): muggins has volunteered to do the cateringMore example sentences
- The muggins here was driving so had to settle for a diet Coke.
- On Tuesday it was pouring with rain and muggins here goes and stands too close to a HUGE puddle of water just as a bus came zipping past.
- My e-mail domain expired on Saturday and muggins here hadn't renewed it… doh!
mid 19th century: perhaps a use of the surname Muggins, with allusion to mug1.
More definitions of mugginsDefinition of muggins in:
- The US English dictionary