(also mujahedin, mujahidin)
- Guerrilla fighters in Islamic countries, especially those who are fighting against non-Muslim forces.More example sentences
- One of the first effects of the policy shift took place in Afghanistan, where the US began backing the mujaheddin forces fighting the pro-Soviet government.
- Peshawar was the base for the thousands of Arab militants fighting alongside the Afghan mujahideen against the Soviet forces then occupying Afghanistan.
- That being said, these guys know the ground, they have a take on what's going on and as guerrilla fighters, their mujahidin have few equals.
from Persian and Arabic mujāhidīn, colloquial plural of mujāhid, denoting a person who fights a jihad.
More definitions of mujahideenDefinition of mujahideen in:
- The US English dictionary