- A high, soft boot that is worn in the American Arctic and is traditionally made from sealskin.More example sentences
- Inspired by the Arctic dogsled adventures of designer Patti Steger Holmburg, the Minnesota-based company makes mukluks and moccasins in the Native American tradition.
- People are swapping their snowshoes and mukluks for sandals.
- There is a wood floor and you don't need to wear your boots inside, but a pair of wool slipper socks or mukluks is a good idea.
mid 19th century: from Yupik maklak 'bearded seal'.
More definitions of muklukDefinition of mukluk in:
- The US English dictionary