- A North American deer with long ears and black markings on the tail.
More example sentences
- Odocoileus hemionus, family Cervidae
- As of June 2004, the Alberta government tested more than 5,000 heads of wild white-tailed deer, mule deer and elk for the presence of chronic wasting disease.
- Perhaps a little more exciting to catch sight of (at least for me) is the bighorn sheep, mule deer, bobcat, mountain lion, coyote or one of the amazing birds of prey.
- He points to deer as a modern-day analog: While the skeletons of mule deer and white-tailed deer look very similar, the animals themselves have different colors, and their ears and tails are also different.
More definitions of mule deerDefinition of mule deer in:
- The US English dictionary