- A rat-sized carnivorous marsupial with a pointed snout, large eyes, and a short crested tail, native to central Australia.
More example sentences
- Dasycercus cristicauda, family Dasyuridae
- It is believed that the population of the mulgara is dependent on the quality of each season.
- The marsupial mole has no eyes and burrows in the sand, while the mulgara is a sharp-toothed, insect-eating animal.
- A mulgara avoids exposure to heat during the hot part of the day by remaining in its burrow.
1940s: probably from Wangganguru (an Aboriginal language) mardagura.