- A Muslim learned in Islamic theology and sacred law: [as title]: Mullah Nasir-ud-DinMore example sentences
- The family gathers near sunset in the presence of a mullah, who reads from the Qu'ran and recites prayers for the dead over the food.
- A Shiite mullah or imam of such huge importance can't be underestimated.
- The Islamic mullah is called for marriages, circumcisions, and burials.
early 17th century: from Persian, Turkish, and Urdu mullā, from Arabic mawlā.
More definitions of mullahDefinition of mullah in:
- The US English dictionary