- A stone or other heavy weight used for grinding artists' pigments or other material on a slab.More example sentences
- The pigments used - chrome yellow, red lead, red ocher, and yellow ocher - were ground in linseed oil using a marble muller and stone slab.
- His supplies included ‘1 paint stone,’ ‘knife and muller,’ ‘1 box and drawers of paints,’ and ‘1 painted cupboard and its contents (oil jugs, paint, & c).
- For a good even dispersion, use a muller to force the pigment into suspension.
late Middle English: perhaps from Anglo-Norman French moldre 'to grind'.
verb[with object] British • informal
- 1Wreck or destroy (something).More example sentences
- Target: not reached
1990s: of unknown origin.