Any of various chiefly marine fish that are widely caught for food.
- With higher ocean temperature we often find more mackerel, bass and mullet willing to feed.
- This venue is good for carp, crucians and mullet; it is also one of the prime catfish venues.
- The sea species that I have caught are mainly mullet and flounders, but I understand that there are also other sea species appearing, including bass.
A star with five (or more) straight-edged points or rays, as a charge or a mark of cadency for a third son.
- He stated the mullet/star is the basic symbol of the Scottish clan DOUGLAS.
- The mullet, or star, is indicative of the upward surging spirit.
- The mullet (star) represents the Lone Star of Texas and is surmounted by a sunburst symbolizing the Philippine Unit Commendation in World War II.
A man’s hairstyle in which the hair is cut short at the front and sides and left long at the back.
- They all had a variety of hair styles; mullets, colored Mohawks, long shaggy hair, sleek spikes.
- Fordham earned the Viking tag largely thanks to his large frame, fuzzy beard and a remarkably coiffured lengthy brown mullet hairstyle.
- The mullet, that dodgy haircut with short top and long back (aka business in the front, party at the back), is making a comeback.
1990s: of unknown origin.