- A vertical bar between the panes of glass in a window. Compare with transom.More example sentences
- The vertical mullions and stainless steel double chimney recall the pine trees that surround and almost engulf the house.
- The views from this space are hacked up with ribbon windows that are actually thin vertical pieces of glass separated with heavy mullions that frustrate your attempts to enjoy the sweeping view.
- It was just possible to see them both at the same time by standing in the Garden Court and viewing the Ingres at an angle through the mullions and glass panes of a doorway, but a little back-and-forthing proved more rewarding.
- More example sentences
- Federal doorways may have been preferred because of the appeal of the delicately mullioned fanlights and sidelights that usually framed them.
- A wooden house overlooking the lake: huge and rambling, with dark slate roof and turrets and scrollwork on the eaves and mullioned windows.
- You will notice the buttresses, the porch, the crenellations on the walls, and the four light mullioned windows.
mid 16th century: probably an altered form of monial.
More definitions of mullionDefinition of mullion in:
- The US English dictionary