(also multiflora rose)
- An East Asian shrubby or climbing rose which bears clusters of small single pink or white flowers.
More example sentences
- Rosa multiflora, family Rosaceae
- Multiflora rose (Rosa multiflora Thunb.) was the fifth-most problematic species.
- Rosa multiflora is the only species of the nine that is currently listed on West Virginia's noxious weed list.
- The lush, wild growth of holly, privet, hawthorn and multiflora rose hedge simulate a natural environment while providing excellent building sites, offering shelter and secluded perching and providing escape routes when necessary.
early 19th century: from late Latin, feminine of multiflorus 'bearing many flowers'.
More definitions of multifloraDefinition of multiflora in:
- The US English dictionary