- 1An engine oil meeting the requirements of several standard grades.More example sentences
- ‘Use multigrade oil in your engine because it reduces drag, service your car regularly, use a logbook to record your fuel purchases and establish lift clubs where possible’, she said.
- It's proven to provide better rust protection than standard monograde and multigrade oils when subjected to the industry-standard humidity cabinet test.
- For example, it is possible to decrease the amount of fuel consumed by modern cars by up to 5% simply by switching from a typical multigrade oil to a ‘friction-modified ‘lubricant with a lower viscosity.’
- 2 • trademark A kind of photographic paper made with two emulsions of different sensitivities, from which prints with different levels of contrast can be made using colour filters.More example sentences
- It has a dial-type timer, instead of one which displays the numbers like a digital clock, and it has a swing-out red filter from before the time of multigrade papers.
- I bid on a set of multigrade filters for adjusting the contrast of your print and then, after finding only one working example at college, also bid on a focus finder.
More definitions of multigradeDefinition of multigrade in:
- The US English dictionary