chiefly • technical
- Relating to or consisting of several or many layers: a multilayer circuit boardMore example sentences
- To test the penetration depth of the contrast agents across multiple layers of epithelial cells, multilayer tissue constructs that have been shown to mimic the optical properties of the epithelial layer in vivo were used.
- It proves its efficiency for the development of multilayer software architectures, where each layer provides a service to the upper layer.
- Not all multilayer balls have urethane covers or even the same type of urethane cover, and some are designed for tour-level swing speeds.
nounBack to top
- A coating or deposit consisting of several or many layers.More example sentences
- Biochemical and imaging work has established that the storage inclusions of Gaucher cells are composed of flat layers of crystallized glucocerebroside, as well as tubular structures consisting of twisted multilayers and flat layers.
- The space between plates allowed the deposited peptide-lipid multilayers to be in direct contact with water vapor.
- There has been much discussion of coating x-ray optics with graded multilayers, which, unlike conventional coatings, can exhibit moderate reflectivity at grazing angles several times the critical value.
More definitions of multilayerDefinition of multilayer in:
- The US English dictionary