Relating to or consisting of several or many layers: a multilayer circuit board
More example sentences
- To test the penetration depth of the contrast agents across multiple layers of epithelial cells, multilayer tissue constructs that have been shown to mimic the optical properties of the epithelial layer in vivo were used.
- It proves its efficiency for the development of multilayer software architectures, where each layer provides a service to the upper layer.
- Not all multilayer balls have urethane covers or even the same type of urethane cover, and some are designed for tour-level swing speeds.
A coating or deposit consisting of several or many layers.
- Biochemical and imaging work has established that the storage inclusions of Gaucher cells are composed of flat layers of crystallized glucocerebroside, as well as tubular structures consisting of twisted multilayers and flat layers.
- The space between plates allowed the deposited peptide-lipid multilayers to be in direct contact with water vapor.
- There has been much discussion of coating x-ray optics with graded multilayers, which, unlike conventional coatings, can exhibit moderate reflectivity at grazing angles several times the critical value.
Definition of multilayer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.