- 1The process or skill of multiplying: we need to use both multiplication and division to find the answers [count noun]: these formulae involve a number of multiplicationsMore example sentences
- Magiste compared performance of strong German-Swedish bilinguals and German-dominant monolinguals on arithmetic tasks that required a series of simple additions, subtractions, multiplications or divisions.
- Distraction was based on arithmetic equations (additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions) displayed for 10 seconds in a corner of the screen.
- These teachers thought it inappropriate to ask kindergartners and first and second graders to experience multiplications, divisions, fractions and decimals at such an early age.
- 1.1 Mathematics The process of combining matrices, vectors, or other quantities under specific rules to obtain their product.More example sentences
- The dots used above do not mean a matrix or vector multiplication in the strict sense.
- For matrix multiplication, vectors without superscript are treated as columns and vectors with the T superscript as rows.
- Cayley gave a matrix algebra defining addition, multiplication, scalar multiplication and inverses.
late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin multiplicatio(n-), from multiplicare (see multiply1).
More definitions of multiplicationDefinition of multiplication in:
- The US English dictionary