Definition of multistage in English:
1Consisting of, occurring in, or involving several stages or processes: a multistage decision-making process
More example sentences
- Cancer is a complex multistage process that can take a large proportion of a person's lifespan to develop.
- This indicates that patch-exploitation can be a process of multistage decision making, with early patch decisions being adjusted during later visits.
- Seeking a correspondingly sculptural approach for the painting, Fautrier developed his haute pate (high paste) technique, a multistage process often resulting in inches-thick surfaces.
2(Of a rocket) having at least two sections which contain their own motor and are jettisoned as their fuel runs out.
- The travel agency began taking reservations for a North Korean tour it organized in 1998, but it was forced to cancel the trip after North Korea launched a multistage rocket that flew over Japan and crashed into the Pacific Ocean.
- After World War I, Oberth studied physics at the University of Munich, where he realized that the key to space travel was the development of multistage rockets.
- In the 1950s, von Braun and his ‘Rocket Team,’ many of whom had immigrated to the United States, continued their work on multistage rockets near Huntsville, Alabama.
Definition of multistage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia