Definition of multistage in English:
1Consisting of, occurring in, or involving several stages or processes: a multistage decision-making process
More example sentences
- Cancer is a complex multistage process that can take a large proportion of a person's lifespan to develop.
- This indicates that patch-exploitation can be a process of multistage decision making, with early patch decisions being adjusted during later visits.
- Seeking a correspondingly sculptural approach for the painting, Fautrier developed his haute pate (high paste) technique, a multistage process often resulting in inches-thick surfaces.
2(Of a rocket) having at least two sections which contain their own motor and are jettisoned as their fuel runs out.
- The travel agency began taking reservations for a North Korean tour it organized in 1998, but it was forced to cancel the trip after North Korea launched a multistage rocket that flew over Japan and crashed into the Pacific Ocean.
- After World War I, Oberth studied physics at the University of Munich, where he realized that the key to space travel was the development of multistage rockets.
- In the 1950s, von Braun and his ‘Rocket Team,’ many of whom had immigrated to the United States, continued their work on multistage rockets near Huntsville, Alabama.
Definition of multistage in:
- US English dictionary