Definition of multistorey in English:
(Of a building) having several storeys.
- Australia's capital cities were transformed as the demolition of existing structures made way for multi-storey office buildings.
- There are a variety of hospital buildings on the site ranging from brick and slate buildings from the 1800s to modern multi-storey buildings under flat roofs.
- On May 30, a Vermont man unveiled an invention allowing people to travel safely between floors of multi-storey buildings without the use of stairs.
nounBritish Back to top
A car park with several storeys.
- Among other criticisms the car park report stated: ‘The four multi-storeys are seriously lacking in basic requirements for users, such as cleanliness, signage and lighting.’
- The car parks which would remain are the multi-storeys in Nunn's Road, St John's Street, St Mary's and Osborne Street.
- Earlier this year the borough's multi-storeys were slammed by the Best Value Inspection Team for being expensive and dirty but the council rejected the report claiming it was ‘too negative.'
Words that rhyme with multistoreycacciatore, Corey, dory, Florey, flory, furore, glory, gory, hoary, hunky-dory, lory, Maury, monsignori, Montessori, Pori, Rory, satori, saury, storey, story, Tory, vainglory
Definition of multistorey in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan