A small primitive fossil mammal of a mainly Cretaceous and Palaeocene order, distinguished by having molar teeth with several cusps arranged in two or three rows.
- Order Multituberculata, subclass Allotheria
More example sentences
- Triconodonts, monotremes and multituberculates have the primitive condylar arrangement for the radius.
- Well-represented dentitions and skulls are also known for some of the earliest and most primitive multituberculates, from the Late Jurassic of Portugal.
- Paleocene faunas were dominated by what we refer to as archaic mammals: condylarths (archaic ungulates), archaic primates, small rodent-like multituberculates, pantodonts, and others.
Definition of multituberculate in:
- The US English dictionary