- Denoting an internal-combustion engine having more than two valves per cylinder, typically four (two inlet and two exhaust): a multivalve engine a switch to multivalve technologyMore example sentences
- The 1248 cc turbo-diesel engine - the smallest multivalve diesel engines in the world - produces 70 bhp @ 4000 rpm and 180Nm of torque at just 1750 rpm.
- The high-winding, multivalve engines were re-tuned for grunt work with new reinforced-plastic intake manifolds designed to boost the lower half of their torque curves.
- More higher revving, multivalve 4-and 6-cylinder designs are replacing the old guard, bringing the fleet averages much closer to their rivals.
More definitions of multivalveDefinition of multivalve in:
- The US English dictionary