Definition of multiverse in English:
1The universe considered as lacking order or a single ruling and guiding power.
- If you adopt the idea of the multiverse, the anthropic principle may seem to furnish one of the oddest proofs for the existence of God yet promoted by human minds.
- I conclude that the multiverse is ontologically equivalent to naïve deism.
- In reply, a theist can appeal to the ultimate contingency that surfaces in the questions, ‘Why is there a multiverse?’
1.1A hypothetical space or realm consisting of a number of universes, of which our own universe is only one.
- He treats the multiverse as if it were a quantum computer.
- Reality is a multiverse rather than a simple universe.
- That would explain a lot of the nonlocal quatum effects, and allows for the multiverse, hidden variable, and the state vector collapse.
Definition of multiverse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan