noun (plural munis)US
- short for municipal bond.More example sentences
- He advises small investors to invest in munis through mutual funds, rather than buying individual bonds.
- If all of this sounds like too much work for a 4% or 5% yield, you can buy a muni mutual fund.
- For now, he cautions investors about putting money into municipal bonds or muni funds.
noun (plural munis)
- (Especially in India) an inspired holy person; an ascetic, hermit, or sage.More example sentences
- It is sattvic food advocated by the rishis and munis of the ancient times, whereas nonvegetarian food is a product of violence as the animal is killed and cooked for eating purposes.
- In May, Svetambara and Digambara Jain munis performed pratistha ceremonies installing a murti Mahavira.
- In the Satya yuga a white avatara appeared to Kardama muni to establish meditation as the process for self-realization.
from Sanskrit, literally 'silent', from man 'think'.