- Title deeds or other documents proving a person’s title to land: Navy Board muniments for the seventeenth—nineteenth centuries [as modifier]: the muniment roomMore example sentences
- However, when a will is probated as a muniment of title, inventories are not filed.
- It is worth noting that even if no deed was prepared, your wife's divorce decree may state that the decree itself will function as a muniment of title to transfer ownership of the home to her.
- When you file a will as a muniment of title, you still have to file certain papers with the court and go to a hearing, but you don't need to file an inventory listing her assets.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin munimentum 'defence' (in medieval Latin 'title deed'), from munire 'fortify'.
More definitions of munimentsDefinition of muniments in:
- The US English dictionary