US term for glazing bar.
More example sentences
- The muntins are sandwiched between the double glazing so that the windows collect less dust and are easier to clean.
- Despite the thickness of the walls, the house has an open and airy feeling, due in no small part to the tall, aluminum-framed windows and French doors, with delicate horizontal muntins.
- We're assuming that your sash, stops, lites and muntins have seen better days.
early 17th century: variant of obsolete montant (from French, literally 'rising').
- More example sentences
- The muntined windows and doors also suit the new cottagey exterior.
- Gables, rafter tails, three sturdy pillars and muntined windows all combine to give this home the warm feeling of the American Arts and Crafts movement.
- A two-tiered, pedimented veranda on the center front features a plain balustrade and four wooden pillars on both levels with a diamond muntined window in the pediment.
Definition of muntin in:
- The US English dictionary