Definition of muntin in English:
US term for glazing bar.
- The muntins are sandwiched between the double glazing so that the windows collect less dust and are easier to clean.
- Despite the thickness of the walls, the house has an open and airy feeling, due in no small part to the tall, aluminum-framed windows and French doors, with delicate horizontal muntins.
- We're assuming that your sash, stops, lites and muntins have seen better days.
early 17th century: variant of obsolete montant (from French, literally 'rising').
- Example sentences
- The muntined windows and doors also suit the new cottagey exterior.
- Gables, rafter tails, three sturdy pillars and muntined windows all combine to give this home the warm feeling of the American Arts and Crafts movement.
- A two-tiered, pedimented veranda on the center front features a plain balustrade and four wooden pillars on both levels with a diamond muntined window in the pediment.
Definition of muntin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia