- A succulent plant whose seeds and leaves are used for food.
More example sentences
- Portulaca oleracea (or sometimes Calandrinia balonensis), family Portulacaceae
- In Australia the wild plant (or a very close relation), with its pretty yellow flowers has been known as munyeroo or purslane or by a name which has different meanings in N. America, pigweed.
- In Australia, the wild plant, or at least a close relative, produces pretty yellow flowers and is known as munyeroo or purslane.
- The land is looking much better with parakeelya and munyeroo abundant.
late 19th century: from Diyari (an Aboriginal language of South Australia).