Definition of muriatic acid in English:
Archaic term for hydrochloric acid.
- If the floor is not flushed thoroughly with water after clean up, the muriatic acid will continue to leach lime from the grout causing the whitish dust.
- In the two wet cleaning systems, no muriatic acid or compounds containing muriatic acid may be used.
- If the mortar smears still remain, wait a week (until the masonry cures) and clean with a solution of one part muriatic acid to nine parts water, mixed in a plastic bucket.
late 17th century: muriatic from Latin muriaticus, from muria 'brine'.
- Example sentences
- Fertilizers containing high amounts of nitrate of soda, muriate of potash, potassium nitrate and ammonium nitrate can cause the highest accumulated salts.
- Avoid using fertilizer containing chlorine, such as muriate of potash.
- Nat. mur. is short for natrium muriate, the sodium salt of muriatic acid, commonly known as ordinary salt.
Definition of muriatic acid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan