adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Studded with short rough points.More example sentences
- For example, a specimen-dependent (not species-dependent) character such as the pustules of the muricate texture ranks first from the ninth harmonic.
- The group was initially characterized by small and globular taxa with a muricate funnel-pore wall texture.
- When dried, the emergences are sometimes difficult to see, resembling flattened, near-hyaline scales or giving the calyx wall a muricate or roughened appearance.
mid 17th century: from Latin muricatus 'shaped like a murex'.
More definitions of muricateDefinition of muricate in:
- The US English dictionary