A small North Pacific auk (seabird), typically having a grey back and white underparts.
- Genera Brachyramphus and Synthliboramphus, family Alcidae: six species
More example sentences
- West of the crest of the Cascade Range, the area is habitat for bald eagles, marbled murrelets, spotted owls, cougars, lynx, salmon, and steelhead, which thrive among mature and second-growth forests of cedar and Douglas fir.
- ESA-listed birds in Washington marine waters are the marbled murrelet, bald eagle, brown pelican, short-tailed albatross, and western snowy plover.
- The marbled murrelet, a threatened seabird species, nests primarily in old-growth trees up to 75 kilometers from the coast.
Definition of murrelet in:
- The US English dictionary