1A variety of white, red, or black grape with a musky scent, grown in warm climates for wine or raisins or as table grapes.
- This is actually a blend of five grape varieties - Sylvaner, muscat, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Pinot Gris.
- Cabernet, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillion and muscat (for dessert wines) are the other important grapes.
- One such grape variety is muscat, which with typical Mediterranean ardour makes up a large, colourful, diverse family that has the capacity to make all sorts of wines.
1.1A wine made from muscat grapes, especially a sweet or fortified white wine.
- There would be no such thing as port or sherry from Portugal and Spain, no Barossa or Clare Riesling from Australia, where the possibility of Rutherglen muscats would never have been attempted.
- It turns out to be rather good, particularly the muscats from the Patrimonio region, and after several samplings, friendly relations are restored.
- I have used sweet muscat wine to good effect here, especially when I once dropped in some neat cubes of salami too.
Words that rhyme with muscatSno-Cat • polecat • meerkat
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan