1A muscat grape, especially as grown for drying to make raisins.
- It is a blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, muscatel and Gewürztraminer.
- These oils are used in making perfume and in imparting a muscatel flavor to wines, vermouths, and liqueurs.
- Over the centuries, viniculture in what is now Peru and Chile developed brandy from muscatel grapes, now called pisco.
1.2 [mass noun] A wine made from muscatel grapes.
- This is a remote arid area of thorn bushes, ostriches, and minimal rainfall, but the town, Montagu, is famous for the production of muscatel, a sweet dessert wine.
- How sweet the coffee tastes, more delicious than a thousand kisses, mellower than muscatel wine.
Words that rhyme with muscatelAdele, Aix-la-Chapelle, aquarelle, artel, au naturel, bagatelle, béchamel, befell, bell, belle, boatel, Brunel, Cadell, carousel, cartel, cell, Chanel, chanterelle, clientele, Clonmel, compel, Cornell, crime passionnel, dell, demoiselle, dispel, dwell, el, ell, Estelle, excel, expel, farewell, fell, Fidel, fontanelle, foretell, Gabrielle, gazelle, gel, Giselle, hell, hotel, impel, knell, lapel, mademoiselle, maître d'hôtel, Manuel, marcel, matériel, mesdemoiselles, Michel, Michelle, Miguel, misspell, morel, moschatel, Moselle, motel, nacelle, Nell, Nobel, Noel, organelle, outsell, Parnell, pell-mell, personnel, propel, quell, quenelle, rappel, Raquel, Ravel, rebel, repel, Rochelle, Sahel, sardelle, sell, shell, show-and-tell, smell, Snell, spell, spinel, swell, tell, undersell, vielle, villanelle, well, yell
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mus¦ca|tel
Definition of muscatel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.