noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A narcotic and hallucinogenic compound found in the fly agaric and other fungi.
More example sentences
- An alkaloid related to oxazole; chemical formula: C4H6N2O2
- Eugster and Waser first isolated muscimol from this species and it is this substance which is the main hallucinogen.
- The substances were GABA, a GABA-enhancing compound called muscimol, and a GABA-blocking compound called bicuculline.
- Microinjections of muscimol and bicuculline into the pontine reticular formation modify the sleep-waking cycle in the rat.