- A musical gathering or concert: musicales at which Anita and her mother played the pianoMore example sentences
- The songs of the day, published in sheet music for womenfolk to play in parlor musicales, tended toward sing-along novelties and Victorian laments such as ‘Oh Promise Me.’
- It was rooted in the parlour musicales, the outdoor sing-songs, the marching bands, the hymns stoutly sung in church, and other impressions of his boyhood; its poetry is that of a pastoral New England before the motor car.
- His schedule during the spring semester includes a performance with the Midwest Children's Choir Festival in February and a scholarship musicale in April.
late 19th century: French, from soirée musicale 'evening of music'.
More definitions of musicaleDefinition of musicale in:
- The US English dictionary