Definition of musician in English:
A person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented.
- As a professional musician, he has composed music for film and television.
- One realises that today, soloists, musicians and professionals can demand high fees.
- The proceeds are distributed among musicians, composers and other rights holders.
- Example sentences
- Mostly humorous, always musicianly, and curiously modern in their sound, they first reached publication only in the 1950s.
- At his best (and okay, so it wasn't that often), he was capable of producing simple, direct, heartfelt, soulful tunes with great melodies and lovely, musicianly arrangements which were sometimes understated, sometimes funky.
- It is bursting with honest - if unfocused - energy and much of what the quintet plays is musicianly, well structured and at the groovier end of experimental jazz.
- Example sentences
- She was renowned for her musicianship and technical brilliance.
- In terms of the virtuoso musicianship and the sophistication of the arrangements, it's in a class of its own.
- Yet his rigorous musicianship and keyboard technique is second to none.
Words that rhyme with musicianacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan