- A period of reflection or thought: his musings were interrupted by the sound of the telephoneMore example sentences
- It's a combination of these memories and Morton's reflective musings that fill these pages.
- In particular, the ruminative musings on anthropocentricity are virtually absent.
- Partly this reflects their monopoly of parish discussions, which means their musings go unchallenged.
adjectiveBack to top
- Characterized by reflection or deep thought: the sad musing gazeMore example sentences
- For all its casual, musing style, this is an ambitious book.
- I could send you an advance version of the book, and you could do a review, a related article, or a musing right here.
- She brings a deep musing regret to her recital of a sad poem about true love untimely slain, how it will never rise from the grave again.
- More example sentences
- ‘Interesting,’ he said musingly, almost to himself.
- ‘I have a nasty feeling about all of this,’ Alexander said musingly.
- ‘We were only in the Valley for a day and a half,’ he said musingly.