Definition of musk in English:
1 [mass noun] A strong-smelling reddish-brown substance which is secreted by the male musk deer for scent-marking and is an important ingredient in perfumery.
- The preference for this specific cologne may have something to do with one particular ingredient: musk.
- In China, these deer are now bred in captivity so that their musk can be harvested.
- Even the lightest, most flowery perfumes contain a trace of musk.
2 (also musk plant) A relative of the monkey flower, formerly cultivated for a musky fragrance which has been lost in the development of modern varieties.
- Genus Mimulus, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular M. moschatus
- With two-thirds of an acre to tend, I stopped growing high-maintenance hybrid teas and turned to rugosas and hybrid musks - they're much easier and very satisfying alternatives.
2.1Australian see musk tree.
Words that rhyme with muskbusk, dusk, husk, rusk, tusk
Definition of musk in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.