- A swamp or bog in northern North America: [as modifier]: muskeg swamps [mass noun]: 700 miles of muskeg and mountainsMore example sentences
- At least 50,000 snakes overwinter in these dens every year, dispersing into the surrounding muskeg swampland during summer.
- Of that land base, less than half is productive forestland, the balance made up of swamps, lakes, muskeg and rocks.
- They typically nest in sedge meadows, muskeg bogs, or coastal wetlands.
early 19th century: from Cree.
More definitions of muskegDefinition of muskeg in:
- The US English dictionary