- 1A large semiaquatic North American rodent with a musky smell, valued for its fur.
More example sentences
- Ondatra zibethicus, family Muridae
- Other animals that may carry and transmit the disease include beavers, muskrats, water and field voles, water and wood rats, squirrels, and lemmings.
- With his hunting experience, he introduced trapping lures for mink, muskrats, fox, beaver, bobcats, coyotes and wolves.
- Look for tracks of muskrats, minks, beavers, and river otters in the mud.
More definitions of muskratDefinition of muskrat in:
- The US English dictionary