Lightweight cotton cloth in a plain weave: she folded the dress in layers of clean muslin [as modifier]: strain the fruit pulp through a muslin cloth
More example sentences
- Warm up the stock over a gentle heat, so it liquifies completely, then strain it carefully through muslin or a cotton cloth.
- Cover, steep for two hours, then strain through muslin cloth into a suitable watering can or plastic pump-spray bottle.
- Once upon a time, this area was famous for muslin cloth, which attracted the Dutch, who made it their colony in 1647.
early 17th century: from French mousseline, from Italian mussolina, from Mussolo 'Mosul' (see Mosul, where it was first manufactured).
- More example sentences
- The ringed spot is then held over the muslined spout just long enough to become moist, but not wet.
- He looked away and saw the bathroom, which, also well muslined, was completely open to the bedroom.
- Here are some photos of my muslined bodice.
More definitions of muslinDefinition of muslin in:
- The US English dictionary