Definition of muslin in English:
Lightweight cotton cloth in a plain weave: she folded the dress in layers of clean muslin [as modifier]: strain the fruit pulp through a muslin cloth
More example sentences
- Warm up the stock over a gentle heat, so it liquifies completely, then strain it carefully through muslin or a cotton cloth.
- Cover, steep for two hours, then strain through muslin cloth into a suitable watering can or plastic pump-spray bottle.
- Once upon a time, this area was famous for muslin cloth, which attracted the Dutch, who made it their colony in 1647.
- Example sentences
- The ringed spot is then held over the muslined spout just long enough to become moist, but not wet.
- He looked away and saw the bathroom, which, also well muslined, was completely open to the bedroom.
- Here are some photos of my muslined bodice.
Definition of muslin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan