Definition of musquash in English:
1 another term for muskrat.
- That's why the best words in scrabble are ones like quartzy, musquashes or zyxomma.
- In addition, musquashes and mink burrowed into the banks and undermined them.
- Beavers, procyons, musquashes, foxes and otters dwell in the reeds, while boars and 30 other species of mammals live on dry land.
1.1 [mass noun] British The fur of the muskrat.
- You may remember the character Linda being given her first longed-for fur coat made with musquash - good, but not quite as good as owning one made of mink or sable.
- The new robes will be a replica of the originals, but with fake fur instead of musquash.
early 17th century: from Western Abnaki mòskwas.
Definition of musquash in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan