- A large sea bream with powerful jaws, feeding on shellfish and crustaceans and popular with anglers.
More example sentences
- Lithognathus and other genera, family Sparidae: several species
- Species such as the seventyfour, red steenbras and musselcracker have been so severely depleted that they represent no more than 5% of their original abundance in linefish catches.
- The black musselcracker is a large, solitary species, and individuals are found on both shallow and deep rocky reefs.
- Our line fishery is in crisis and one of the critically endangered fish is white musselcracker.