- An American feral horse which is typically small and lightly built.More example sentences
- For centuries herds of wild mustangs have roamed the American wilderness - breathtaking symbols of the spirit of the pioneers.
- In the distance, he could make out six people, five of which road common mustangs while the sixth rode on a gallant, black stallion.
- And perhaps, their favorite thing to do was to race the wild mustangs.
early 19th century: from a blend of Spanish mestengo (from mesta 'company of graziers') and mostrenco, both meaning 'wild or masterless cattle'.
More definitions of mustangDefinition of mustang in:
- The US English dictionary