- A mammal of the weasel family (Mustelidae), distinguished by having a long body, short legs, and musky scent glands under the tail.More example sentences
- Predators of erethizontids include mustelids such as martens, minks, wolverines, ermine, weasels, and fishers.
- Europeans arrived in the early 1800s, bringing with them mustelids (stoats, ferrets, and weasels), cats, and two more species of rats.
- Fishers are among the least understood of the weasel family, or mustelids, which also includes martens, minks, ermines, ferrets, badgers, otters, and wolverines.
early 20th century: from modern Latin Mustelidae (plural), from Latin mustela 'weasel'.
More definitions of mustelidDefinition of mustelid in:
- The US English dictionary