- Resulting from or showing the effect of mutation: a mutant geneMore example sentences
- In other words, are rescue genes mutant alleles of the genes that normally kill hybrids?
- The gene function is known in four cases, based on mutant phenotypes.
- I've been 19 for over a day now and I haven't shown any signs of growing a third arm or any other mutant abnormality.
nounBack to top
- A mutant form: frequently only a small percentage of the offspring of mutants resemble their parentsMore example sentences
- Let me explain that there are bad mutants and good mutants, just like real people.
- Second, the enzymatic activity for the active site mutants was determined in vitro.
- Similar arguments and requirements apply to mutants created by transposon mutagenesis.
early 20th century: from Latin mutant- 'changing', from the verb mutare.