- The commonest Eurasian swan, having white plumage and an orange-red bill with a black knob at the base.
More example sentences
- Cygnus olor, family Anatidae
- Invasives like mute swans and rock pigeons are wreaking ecological havoc throughout the United States and threatening countless native species.
- But fly-fishers claim mute swans are stripping these rivers of water crowfoot, an aquatic plant crucial to trout and the insects they eat.
- On a recent walk I saw a kingfisher skim across the surface and a number of mute swans.
More definitions of mute swanDefinition of mute swan in:
- The US English dictionary