noun[mass noun] Physics
- The production of an electromotive force in a circuit by a change in the current in an adjacent circuit which is linked to the first by the flux lines of a magnetic field.More example sentences
- If we start from the point of mutual induction instead of energy level of electrons, can we arrive at the same conclusion?
- In eddy current inspection, the eddy currents are generated in the test material due to mutual induction.
- An example of mutual induction is pictured in figure 112.
More definitions of mutual inductionDefinition of mutual induction in:
- The US English dictionary