1Relating to bone marrow.
- As in our case, the severity of peripheral neutropenia did not correlate with the cellularity of the bone marrow myeloid compartment.
- A bone marrow biopsy can rule out other chronic myeloid disorders.
- The bone marrow was markedly hypocellular with leftshifted myeloid maturation.
1.1(Of leukaemia) characterized by the proliferation of cells originating in the bone marrow.
- Missing are the chapters on non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute myeloid leukaemia.
- The disorders are characterised by overactive production of blood cells and can lead to thrombosis, haemorrhage or acute myeloid leukaemia.
- In clinical trials the white blood cell counts of 88% of patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia returned to normal.
Mid 19th century: from Greek muelos 'marrow' + -oid.
Definition of myeloid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.